Rocket Pinger
Rocket Pinger
Kaktusan Cash
Kaktusan Cash
Cheapest Web Software
Cheapest Web Software

Haven't registered yet? Do it here now!
xml file help...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kaktusan Corp. Support Area Forum Index -> Gallery Scraper
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tasman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:16 pm    Post subject: xml file help... Reply with quote
So far i love Gallery Scraper this is my first run at using it. I found that it was easy to get it setup and running...Now i have imported some gallerys and now i made the feed and found the xml in the feeds folder on my server so i downloaded that xml file...I then went to my blog and imported it so it would feed from that xml. and it took but all its reading is the code and that is what the post is... Am i doing something wrong here...?

Here is the blog: http://sloppyhandjobs.waqn.com/

Thanks for your help...

kaktus
Owner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
hi there,
well, no you don't need to download the xml file and import it to your blog. I don't know what that for is..

You just go to the feeds list screen and click on the "View" button for the feed. Copy the url of the feed and put it in your RSS feeding software which will read the feed regularly and publish the new posts on your blog automatically.

tasman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
That works for the wigets for the side bars but im trying to get the rss feed to make the main post for me...?

kaktus
Owner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
no. i am talking about exactly making posts from the feed.

To use a feed to make posts from it, you need to use either a WP plugin or separate blogging script that reads rss feeds and imports them as posts. For example my Blogs Automater is such script.

tasman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well here is what i did lastweek... I went to a sponser and made a list of fhgs and it gave me the xml file and i went and downloaded that file and uploaded it to to the freehosted blog that i have setup and it started posting great....If you would like you can give me your icq number and i will get with you and walk you thoght what i did...?

kaktus
Owner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
yep, i see now what you are doing. I did it and got same result like you. Did some fixing and now should be fine.

If you are on latest 1.5 version, go and download the script upgrader package, unpack on your pc and upload in BINARY mode just the file /gs/functions.inc.php

if you are on lower version, do a regular full upgrade.

once that is done, go and rebuild your feed and then download it again and try to import to your blog.

let me know if all is fine..

tasman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Great im making a new feed list now....But I dont see how to get the pic to show up...?

kaktus
Owner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
ok, cool Smile

well, you need to put in your feed template picture variables. Then GS makes thumbs from the galleries

tasman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:54 pm    Post subject: get them out Reply with quote
I have a few feeds on thumbbloger but they where not made right and I uploaded the xml files ...how do I tell them to delete the files twan just looks at me funny....lol

kaktus
Owner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
mm, dunno, i am not that much familiar with thumblogger.. sorry..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kaktusan Corp. Support Area Forum Index -> Gallery Scraper All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: