Blogs Automater
Blogs Organizer
Blogs Organizer
Gallery Scraper
Gallery Scraper

Haven't registered yet? Do it here now!
Comments & Suggestions on Site Organizer
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kaktusan Corp. Support Area Forum Index -> Site Organizer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kaktus
Owner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 4:42 pm    Post subject: Comments & Suggestions on Site Organizer Reply with quote
Everyone,
post your comments and suggestions about Site Organizer script here.
All info will be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number

pf69.com

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have added a nich and I want to change the name I used on it as I used a "/" on is and it does accept me to use it when building the templates....

but there is no option to edit the niches...only to delete them...but I laready have over 2k galleries and 1.5k descriptions...

kaktus
Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for your comment. I wrote it down and will make the niches to be able to edit them. I had that in my mind, but i didn't made it till now, because when you change your niche name, the script have to update the new name in lots more things, so might occur problems, but now i will do it.
Stay tuned, within 2-3 days a new version of the script will come out, with lots more new and hot features! Good luck with your network, message me anytime you need some help..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number

acorner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:47 am    Post subject: Trades with SO Reply with quote
I see in the documentation that there is traffic statistics for incoming and outgoing trades, but i could not find anywhere how exactly i must set the trades and what probably to add to my site so i can see the incoming trades. May be i miss something?

Also about trades - it will be nice if you can disable or freeze a trade for a while, not just delete it.

kaktus
Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
acorner yeah i found a little error with in/out stats. Everything is fixed now in the new version, which is going to be published now! Thanks for the comments for the trades!

Mihx

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,

I am in the process of setting up a few fake tgp's and I am completely new to the use of advanced use of scripts, traffic trading etc.

I have installed SO on one of my domains just to test it out, and it seems like an overall excellent package.

However, I have also checked out the combination of RemoteThumbs (which I have been using for a couple of months) and regular tradescripts (SmartTrafficTrader and TTT), and while I expect to start building an FHG database for SO and probably eventually use it on a domain or two - it just seems to lack more than the most basic traffic trade capabilities.

I have read some of your posts at Netpond and I am aware that you probably expect to mostly (or only?) trade between your own sites, but as a newbie with low traffic I would also like to set up some trades with other tgp's (fake or not) to try and boost it.

It may just be me not having examined it properly, but the trade options seem to be limited to a site name and a URL - not even basic ratios or a way to set a preferred order of trades. I would think this very much limits the abilities to use it as a relatively decent tradescript?

Have I just missed something, or are you planning to incorporate more trade settings in future versions?

Keep up the good work - besides these nags it looks great.

kaktus
Owner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
hi there, thanks for using my script Wink
Yeah i know about the trading part, for now it is simple. In the near future it will be like every regular trade script + much more.
For now you can install some trading script and use it to handle the real trading stuff...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the quick reply.
You mean I can use any other tradescript with SO without problems? Obviously for other links, but can TTT for instance be used with the gallery links generated by SO?

I am moving things around a bit on the domains I want to use so I will not make the final install of SO until tomorrow - but I will check out the possibilities once it is up and running again.

kaktus
Owner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah you can use TTT or any other trade script to handle the trading and gallery skimming. Just specify the correct out linking code to TTT in the Link Prefix field in the Template and all your clicks on links made by SO will go out through TTT

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Excellent. I just signed up at Freehostedgalleries.com and a truckload of additional sponsors, so I think I will get started on building up that SO gallery database right away so I can replace RemoteThumbs soon.

I am looking forward to future additions to the script - no need to use two or three different scripts if you can stick to one that handles everything well Smile.

pplex

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:08 am    Post subject: banner variables Reply with quote
hi i absolutly love the script. Its awsome.

I am wondering if there is a way to dispaly 1 banner from all dimensions as i have many nich banners that are different sizes:

for example something like
%%banner,allsizes,babes%%

if not i think it would be a great feature in the update

Thanks again for this great script

kaktus
Owner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
hey there, thanks for the review Wink and i am glad it works good for you Wink

About the question you are asking, for now there is no such feature. The thing you can do now is adding all your banners into one size type. Generally i made the size types so people can categorize their banners by their sizes, so display at different places exact banner sizes. When the sizes doesn't matter for you, just create one type and put all your banners there.

About the "allsizes" parameter it is good idea and i wrote it down for future inclusion.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:27 pm    Post subject: Deleting thumbs Reply with quote
Would be nice to be able to flag thumbs for deletion after the thumbnailing process while the sample thumb is still in view, no fast way to delete bad thumbs at the moment

kaktus
Owner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
yeah good idea, thanks

wrote it down for the next release Wink

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:15 am    Post subject: banners with text above & below them Reply with quote
Hi, it would be great if there was away to add some link text associated with each banner, that could appear above and/or below it. Banners w/ some accompanying text tend to get more clicks! Smile

The text input should take raw html, ie:
[Above Banner Text]
Click Here For My Site<br>
Get your free video now!

[Below Banner Text]
Click Here Now!

etc.

Not sure how hard that would be, using the current way to input banners?

Maybe you could create a new "ads" section, that lets you input your banner text, banner url, link url or something. That way you could also create ads with no banners and just text. Smile

prontopuss

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I love the script, Thanks a million

refering to an earlier post about deleting the bad thumbs, I was wondering if it would be possible to have the corresponding banner or thumb display next to the link when searching through banners and galleries. That would make it a bit easier to review them all.

Thanks again

kaktus
Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
nice additions guys, thanks!

prontopuss

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello again and thanks again.

I thought of another thing to think about fot the future. Is it possible to have SO do SQL backups and restores? I would like to have it manage multiple sites but they are all on different virtual hosts with different domains and if I ave SO installed on Prontopussy.com but I want it to manage pussyplayhouse.com also, when the page is loading on the bottom status bar it reads downloading information from prontopussy.com. I just worry that this might bother some potential customers and scare them off. They are already afraid of affiliate links.

So I don't know if it is either possible to mask/hide where the actual page info is coming from or if it would be easier to run SO separatly on multiple domains? If running separatly then it would be nice to have a way to copy all the mySQL databases with galleries and banners to a new one. I don't know if it is possible to run multiple copies of SO on one SQL database or not.... that would be easy just have different databases for hitsin/hitsout and keep all the banners/galleries the same.

I hope this makes sense, I am new to this so it might not.

And one other thing. Would it be possible to have SO hide the affiliate links completly so the surfer as no way of checking? Maybe have all the links stored in a file and just have SO refer to the file to get the actual link address or something like that.

Again I cant thank you enough for this great script.
Good Luck, have a great day
Ed

kaktus
Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
yeah, i am aware of what you are talking about. Will see if i can come up with some good solution on the things you mention in some of the future updates..

thanks

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Maybe add a catagory option in the gallery mass import function.

oh, and it would also be nice when a new form appeared when you have imported galleries, now you have to click on gallers>add again.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kaktusan Corp. Support Area Forum Index -> Site Organizer All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: