Plug Rush
Plug Rush
Special Offers
Special Offers
Cheapest Web Software
Cheapest Web Software

Haven't registered yet? Do it here now!
help needed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kaktusan Corp. Support Area Forum Index -> Site Organizer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
13ver

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: help needed Reply with quote
Hi guys,I've just got site organiser and it's giving me headaches already,anyone of any tutorials or just quick start guides,i'm sure most of you have had this problem.I figure it's probbably fairly easy once it works but i don't have a computer engineering degree so any and all help would be appreciated.

Cheers

kaktus
Owner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi there,
I think i have posted somewhere in this forum startup guides..but anyways here's some info again..

1) Add a "test" niche for example from the Niches section.
2) go grab from some sponsor some FHGs along with description, and go and import them in the "Static Galleries" section, since each gallery will have its own description.
3) Go then and create your first template at "Templates->Add Template" admin control. Just give it a "test name", look through the options you have there for some settings, but you don't need to touch anything as a start..
4) Once you created the template, you are taken to a "Edit Template" screen, where you can edit again the template settings, and most importantly on bottom of the page you have place to put the template design/html. As a start, just do a simple template, just to list your galleries. Put a variable like:
%%galleries,static,1-10,test%%
That will list 10 galleries from type static and from the test niche.
5) Once you save the template, you will get a linking instructions, consisting of two lines of php code. Copy those lines and paste them in a new document. Save that document as "test.php" and upload somewhere on your sites. Then point your browser to http://www.yoursite.com/test.php" or whereever you uploaded the test.php file, and if you did everything fine so far, you will see the galleries output.

So play a bit with more galleries, put some thumb galleries and etc.. and start designing your templates more qualfiied...

13ver

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
thanks for that,i'm still having problems,i keep trying to add galleries.I must be doing something wrong but i cant fathom it.

I'll give you an example,i work for TDF cash so we'll be using our stuff,so i try to add this gallery.

http://traffic.heidisexpecting.com/galleries/inthepink?nats=NTY4OjQ6NQ

whenever i do i get this message

http://traffic.heidisexpecting.com/galleries/inthepink?nats=NTY4OjQ6NQ,hot pregnant girls - Empty Gallery Description!

so i went to gallery descriptions and added one and i still get the same error message as above,whats happening????

also what does delimiter mean?

many thanks

13ver

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
i just noticed th typo in the bottom one even with that moved it doesn't work

kaktus
Owner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
hey there in static galleries you should import galleries with descriptions.
Like: URL|description or whatever your list is formatted.

The delimiter stands for the delimiter of the fiels of the import list. In the example above it is |

Let me know if you need more help..

13ver

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
your gonna have make it simpler for me,explain it like you would to a child maybe.it's doing my head in,i'm on the verge of a breakdown here.

i'm trying to make a fake tgp.

for examples sake say i want to have this gallery and i want a clickable thumb.it does not have a description attached to it

http://traffic.heidisexpecting.com/galleries/inthepink?nats=NTY4OjQ6NQ,0,0,0,68

1. which section should i put it under.
2. should i put a direct link to the thumb under one of the sections
3. where can i view the fruits of my labour

I'm really sorry i don't mean to be obtuse,but i dont get how it works at all,it's quite upsetting.

cheers

kaktus
Owner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, you didn't told me what you want to do Smile

Okay, to do what you want, do like:

1) Niches->Add , add yourself a niche, because all the content is categorized by niches.
2) Thumb Galleries->Thumb Types , add yourself there a size type for the thumbs, so script knows to what size crop the thumbs for the galleries.
3) Thumbnailer->Thumbnail New, use the form there so add your galleries. Select your niche, select your thumb type and paste in the textarea the galleries urls, one per line, and finally click the submit button of the form.
4) Templates->Add , add yourself a template where content will be output. Put some name for the template, hit add, then at the 2nd screen scroll down to the big yellow texarea and put a variable like: %%galleries,thumb,88x88,1-10,1x10,niche%% where you will replace the "88x88" with the thumb size you have added the gals in and same for the "niche" parameter. As explained in the info you will find on that page, that variable will output 10 galleries from specified niche and size 88x88 in a table with 1 row and 10 thumbs per row.
Then submit the form.
5) after you save your template, you will be displayed 2 linking codes along with instructions. So copy & paste them in a new document, save it with somename.php , and upload somewhere on your site. Then point your browser there and you will see your results..

13ver

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yay, it works,thank you,no doubt i'll have some more questions later but thanks!!

kaktus
Owner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
cool!

So just play around bit more to get used and try making some real pages with it. On anything problemable, sure let me know.. Smile

13ver

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
just one thing i want to be able to align my thumbs to the center,how is this achived?

thanks

kaktus
Owner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
you can do that with css. If you go to edit the template, you will notice at the settings there are CSS class fields for all the things, so just fill in some name for the thumb galleries class, and then define that css class in your stylesheet and put your settings there. This way you have total control over all content outputed by SO.

For example i would go in the template settings and put css class "kaktus" for the thumb galleries. Then in my css stylesheet or directly in the template code below, i will just put

.kaktus {align:center}

13ver

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
again but slower,please remeber i'm an idiot.you must be banging your head against your keyboard by now,but most of this is alien to me.sorry!

currently all i have in the box is this

%%galleries,thumb,133x200,1-10,1x10,test%%

i've named my gallery css class as beaver so i'm assuming it'll look like this
.beaver {align:center} as per your example

you say paste it into the box when i do it just shows up as text,what steps have i missed,getting,or just plain not understanding

thanks

kaktus
Owner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
In "Galleries Links CSS Class:" field of the edit template settings, yes, enter a css class. You named it "beaver"

Then in your template code add like:
<style>
.beaver{align:center}
</style>

before the %%galleries.... variable..

thats should work..

13ver

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
it doesn't

in the template content box it reads

<style>
.beaver{align:center}
</style>

it doesn't affect it in the slightest,or am i supposed to add it to the html,if so where?

kaktus
Owner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
well, try something else.

Since each td tag of the table is outputed with class "sothumbtd"

make your template look like:

<style>
.sothumbtd {align:center}
</style>

thats should work..

13ver

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
nope nothing Crying or Very sad

kaktus
Owner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
hum, that should have worked, css is really bugging me sometimes.. never learnt it good enough.. PM me please url and login to your SO admin and i will take a look..

13ver

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
you have a pm

kaktus
Owner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
well, i looked at the sample page you gave me and you get the thumb in the left, because your whole table isn't centered. So i just surrounded the %%galleries.. variable in center tag..

13ver

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
i knew it was something as stupid as that,thank you

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kaktusan Corp. Support Area Forum Index -> Site Organizer All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: