Blogs Automater
Blogs Automater
Blogs Organizer
Blogs Organizer
Plug Rush
Plug Rush

Haven't registered yet? Do it here now!
Reduce image file size when scraping?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kaktusan Corp. Support Area Forum Index -> Gallery Scraper
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gaysmutnet

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reduce image file size when scraping? Reply with quote
Great script! I've been using it for a while now and I'm happy.

I've noticed that my image file sizes are getting really large and that I had "Link thumbs to big picture" checked unnecessarily which was causing double pics to be scraped, one thumb and one with the _big.jpg extension.

This got me thinking about the file size of all of my images on my site. They are really huge and I need to start optimizing them. Since GS is one of my main tools for managing my site, I figure I should start there.

How do I significantly reduce the file size of the images when scraping while maintaining the image quality using GS?

Any tips or tools to help me reduce the file size of all the images on my site while maintaining image quality? Using Irfanview's batch might be one way. Any other ideas?

Right now my Image Magic settings are:
Code:

Image Magic Command Line: -sharpen 1x1 -enhance
Image Quality:90

Any changes I should make to the Image Magic settings?

kaktus
Owner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
you can add -strip to the command line to have the program remove embedded comments, infos and etc...

the main thing to reduce image size is lowering the quality to something like 80 or even 70. But i will advice you to start lowering it and do test posts to see how the images look like till you get to a desired quality and leave it like that and then start building real posts..

about batch processing.. i currently don't remember the exact imagemagick command line, maybe you should google it.. but don't forget to make a backup of your images directory first to another place in case you screw up all your pics while batch processing..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kaktusan Corp. Support Area Forum Index -> Gallery Scraper All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: