Kaktusan Cash
Kaktusan Cash
Blogs Automater
Blogs Automater
Plug Rush
Plug Rush

Haven't registered yet? Do it here now!
FHGs that link to HTML instead of images

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kaktusan Corp. Support Area Forum Index -> Gallery Scraper
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MistressTalia

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:04 am    Post subject: FHGs that link to HTML instead of images Reply with quote
I have a sponsor I really want to use, they have a ton of galleries no one is using. Probably because they link each thumbnail to HTML rather than to the JPG, so most automated tools like GS wouldn't grab it.

The HTML is simple, it's just a page with the image and link to close the window (as the thumbnail link was targeted to _blank) and a join link. There's several hundred galleries with thousands of these HTML files and I've looked at them from a bunch of various dates and they're identical, so would probably be pretty easy to parse them. It seems like even I ought to be able to write a function to parse the HTML and return the image URL (does GS use Curl for this sort of thing?).

So, assuming I write a function to read the page and get the image URLs, which I think I might be able to figure out myself (I'm relatively new to PHP, but have written applications in ASP in the past that were as complex as GS, so think I can manage a single function), my questions are:

I'm wondering where in the GS code is the function that grabs the JPGs so I can stick some if/then type of code in there for it to grab the HTML links if it doesn't find JPG links.

Also wondering where to return the image URL to put it back in the GS stream-of-things.

I figured it was worth asking before I started in case GS worked in a way that wouldn't easily let me do this.

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

kaktus
Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
hi there,
currently GS can't handle gals with pics on html pages.

You can't edit the code since it is encrypted, sorry.

I have plans for making the option available in next versions, but i can't make any statement when exactly it will appear.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kaktusan Corp. Support Area Forum Index -> Gallery Scraper All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: