Rocket Pinger
Rocket Pinger
Blogs Automater
Blogs Automater
Special Offers
Special Offers

Haven't registered yet? Do it here now!
Gallerys Turning Pink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kaktusan Corp. Support Area Forum Index -> Gallery Scraper
View previous topic :: View next topic  
buttster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject: Gallerys Turning Pink Reply with quote
Getting more and more hosted gallerys not able to make thumbnail, whats the main reason this would happen? Is it because the images are stored in a different folder than the gallery itself on the sponsors server?
example: http://pps.amateursgonebad.com/Chiquita/Big-Tits-In-Lingerie/buttster.html

buttster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
well its not because of the images in different folder because a lot of gallerys that are good use the same folders, very strange indeed!!

kaktus
Owner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
in that example gallery, it is because of the thumbs url:
http://pps.amateursgonebad.com/thumb.php?293/0/chiquita0228.jpg,135,200,crop

it is through script and GS decides that it is not gallery content but something else..

MistressTalia

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
You know, I went to that page and didn't see the problem. I forgot I have scripting turned off by default; it gives regular JPG links with scripting off.

I assume GS uses Curl to go to the FHGs; is there a switch in curl to turn off JavaScript? Might let these type of galleries be used!

kaktus
Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
yes, GS uses curl, but it returns the whole html code of the page. When parsing links to see if they images or other kind of links, curl can't help in anything for deciding if its image or script link or scripted image link..

buttster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
So the only way to use these type of gallerys with galleryscraper is to download the pics and make your own gallery from them I guess.

kaktus
Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
yeah, probably, or some other workaround if one thought anything..

MistressTalia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I haven't thought of one, beyond being frustrated that I can't write a function for my one sponsor since the code is encrypted. It'd would've been an ugly hack, named after the sponsor. Wink

I've never used Curl, but discussed it with someone who has, who explained to me how stupid my suggestion was. Wink I guess I was thinking of it like Lynx, and hoped it just had a commandline "turn off scripting" switch.

The blog I'm currently working on has five sponsors. I figure to use GS for the first four, and manually do the other one for now and sprinkle the manual posts in amongst the non-manual ones. I don't see any other option, though it kinda bugs me to have my content in various places, it seems the best solution for now.

And then to keep that in mind when choosing sponsors in the future... either use their RSS, their FHGs via GS if they're formatted properly, or know it will have to be manual if they're not.

This is why I hate proprietary software, but I don't have a better answer for that either if you want to sell GS and not get ripped off.

hunkmoney

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
you can do a work around by using a tool like Arylia and bulk-importing the gFHGs onto your own domain, then taking that new URL list and using it in GS

hunkmoney

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
by the way, i have been using Arylia for making our FHGs for about 9 months now and can highly recommend it, its another one of those good solid scripts that works and is worth the money, just like BO, GS and SO Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kaktusan Corp. Support Area Forum Index -> Gallery Scraper All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: