Blogs Automater
Blogs Automater
Rocket Pinger
Rocket Pinger
Cheapest Adult Scripts
Cheapest Adult Scripts

Haven't registered yet? Do it here now!
where did gallerys go after editing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kaktusan Corp. Support Area Forum Index -> Gallery Scraper
View previous topic :: View next topic  
buttster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:42 am    Post subject: where did gallerys go after editing Reply with quote
Went in to gallerys database and edited some gallerys descriptions and now I can't find them in the database!~!!

buttster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
after experimenting with gallery editing it looks like you must re-enter the correct category or it does something to the gallery. Example: I have a big naturals gallery already set to big naturals category, I go in and edit the descriptions, while editing the category is showing not big naturals but the category of a category starting with the letter A, if I don't change the category to big naturals and leave it sitting on the A category, once refreshed I can't find the gallery, If I reset the category to big naturals the gallery is right there after editing and refreshing. Ok I go in and do a search of all the gallerys in the category of A and they aren't found there either, not sure what is happening with those gallerys.

kaktus
Owner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
hm, never had such problem. from where you get that A category from?

when editing gallery the dropdown with categories is being populated from the categories in your database. So, when you select other category for that gallery and save, it will go into that category.

buttster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
The a category is just another category that alphabetically is before big naturals

kaktus
Owner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
well, when you edit the gallery and set it to that or any other category you will find it in that category when you go to "galleries" section and there on top, select to browse the galleries for that category

buttster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
seems to me that when you go into edit a gallery for the description you wouldn't have to reset the category, I am not having to reset the sponsor, so it might be something you might want to look at for your next version
just make it easier from my point of view, for now I will just have to change the category back to what it should be.

I just re read your reply and I think you think I changed the category myself, no I didn't, when I imported the gallery I set the category to big naturals, I go into edit it and the category goes to the first category alphabetically by itself, all i am doing is changing the description. but now I have to change the category back to big naturals or it screws up. I just want to make sure you understand I am not changing the category myself, hopefully that makes sense.

kaktus
Owner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
hm, it shouldn't be automatically changing it.

i just took a look in my GS. I went to edit a gallery and touched just title/descr without touching anything on the categories. I saved and all is fine, category is same as it was before.

you can pm me url and pass to your GS if you want me to look at it

buttster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Damn Big K, I apologize its not the category changing its the sponsor name, please check out your gs and see if it does the same, if it doesn't I will pm you the info to check it out on my server. Thanks much!!

kaktus
Owner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
works fine for the sponsor as well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kaktusan Corp. Support Area Forum Index -> Gallery Scraper All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: