Cheapest Web Software
Cheapest Web Software
Blogs Automater
Blogs Automater
Cheapest Adult Scripts
Cheapest Adult Scripts

Haven't registered yet? Do it here now!
install server move errors

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kaktusan Corp. Support Area Forum Index -> Gallery Scraper
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oil

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject: install server move errors Reply with quote
Hi Kaktus

i started to make a complete new install of GS today
i did download the zip
uploaded the zip file to server / unzipped
did the chmods

switched the old DB to the new install
uploaded the feed templates and the feeds i had

so now i got the following problem:
in feeds > update > GS shows me the pic of the feed but does not update the feed itself, so i might wondering what i did wrong

any ideas?

kaktus
Owner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
when you go and edit the feed, do you have a template for it? Take in mind GS stores the feed templates in /gs/feed_templates as files, so if you haven't moved them, now all your feeds have no templates to be built from

oil

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
oki i need some more infoīs
so the folder i definitley will need is the
feed_template folder
, the feeds folder will be generated from it
not sure if i got strange outputs cause i need to access from changes in the hosts file, but thats with what i currently gotta fight

1) if i click update, i donīt get the sucessfully updated, i just get lots of crappy code on the site, but it does update
when i view the RSS feed the image is missing Sad
could that be due of i accessing it over the hosts file?

2) if i click on select all in feeds, and click update (i supposed it updates all feeds then) doesnt seem to work

3) there is one feed, where i am not able to save the template, it says updated successfully, but if i check in edit again, the feed template is gone again, so the folder is chmoded 777, is there anything else i am missing?

kaktus
Owner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
all the thing is that, when a new feed is created GS makes its template files, feed file and folder to save the images. Now, when you did fresh install and didn't transfer the folders from the old isntall, all those things that are created when new feed is made are not there. And GS is not trying to recreate them, because they should be there by default when you initially made the feed. I will add retrying mechanism to create them and avoid such problems, but for now you will need to make all that stuff by yourself or simply start from scratch with brand new install

oil

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
well the issue on the old server was that randomly on whole server files did get set to 0 bytes, so there was a huge descruction by that alone, and without older backups its impossible to recreate anything,

so what i did was a complete new install of GS on the new server, and then copied the old DB over to the new server + i moved the feed_templates i was able to recover into the feed_templates folder of the new installation, i also copied the thumbs folder which was left from the old install in the new install so that my BO doesnt look totally fucked up, the mess there is already quite worse Sad

anyway the issue i am still having with this GS install is if i hit the update butoon i get a shiload on strange code looking like:
Code:
����JFIFdd��DuckyK��Adobed����     ��^���� !1AQaq"��2�B#��Rb�r�3����C$��Sc%�Ds��4 !1AQaq�"�����2��BR#3�brC��$S�� ?��n|6�tҾ��uAa{�U�?
well just tons more of it, GS does the update, but its not able to create a thumb from it

cause i donīt have a control of what post in BO have thumbs or not i deleted the single items from GS feeds and get new feeds fresh from the start, i know i will have doube posts this way, but its the only way i say to recreate the thumbs for the feeds

sample feed from there:
http://www.oilreg.com/gs/feeds/feed47.xml

kaktus
Owner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
those weird chars are displayed when php can't save the thumbnail due to lack of permissions or missing directory or such stuff.

For the example feed #47, make sure there is folder: /gs/thumbs/feed47
and is chmoded to 777. then hit the update button for that feed and see if it will work fine.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kaktusan Corp. Support Area Forum Index -> Gallery Scraper All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: