Cheapest Adult Scripts
Cheapest Adult Scripts
Cheapest Web Software
Cheapest Web Software
Blogs Automater
Blogs Automater

Haven't registered yet? Do it here now!
Cronjob with GoDaddy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kaktusan Corp. Support Area Forum Index -> Site Organizer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobbyb

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:07 pm    Post subject: Cronjob with GoDaddy Reply with quote
Does anyone use GoDaddy for their host and was actually ABLE to set up the cronjob to update templates daily? I used the proper path to the php executable, and used the command specified in SO documentation, my templates are set to Daily for the regen interval. And it still doesn't work.

Couple of things I'm lost on though:

GoDaddy says to use either /web/cgi-bin/php or /web/cgi-bin/php5 for the path to the executable, depending on the version. I've done both, neither worked.

Also, the cron manager has a drop down menu for frequence and time to run the cron job, so I've tried it with the "0 0 * * *" and without in the command line, no difference. Not sure if any of that helps figure out the problem, but thats where I am.

The people at GoDaddy were less than helpful about this issue. So any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

kaktus
Owner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
well, godaddy isn't reliable as host and especially for adult business. I am not surprised by the support action as you described..

anyways i am not sure if you can get it working there with those paths they gave you. Try again with the /web/cgi-bin/php path..

Could be best for you to use regen by clicks for the templates. Just see how much average clicks you get a day on a template and set something close to that in the template regeneration settings..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kaktusan Corp. Support Area Forum Index -> Site Organizer All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: