Plug Rush
Plug Rush
Kaktusan Cash
Kaktusan Cash
Rocket Pinger
Rocket Pinger

Haven't registered yet? Do it here now!
copy long descriptions to descriptions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kaktusan Corp. Support Area Forum Index -> Gallery Scraper
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mpk11

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:11 pm    Post subject: copy long descriptions to descriptions Reply with quote
may sound like an odd request, but is this possible?

I don't mean on import either, I would like to use my long descriptions as titles (the aren't that long, but i have spent some time putting them together)

or is there a way to get the sitemap to show descriptions rather that titles?

I have GS BO and BA if it helps and can be changed in any of those?

My basic need is for the page title to use the "long description" in the sitemaps

Thanks

kaktus
Owner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
basically you wanna say your long descriptions should appear as titles for your posts in the built by GS feeds?

well, currently there isn't such a button in GS, coz i never thought someone would need to do that. When you are writing them down manually, why just don't import the galleries again and specify that that text should go as short description, so it is used for title?

mpk11

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi Kaktus
What i do is import galleries into gs, and then use the review function.

I type my own text into the "long description" part - this way I know quickly which galleries have been reviewed.

My long description is the only text that shows on my site, i don't use the gallery desc that comes from the sponsor, just my long description.

however obviously my sitemaps still display this original title. I don't want the original titles used anywhere on my site, only my own content

if that makes sense.

kaktus
Owner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
i see, well the "short description" in GS is auto used for titles of the posts. BO is setup to use for the links the titles of the posts.

Also take in mind there is a limit for filenames length, so if you use long descriptions like 200++ chars its not pretty wise..

If you wish not to use the current titles, just when reviewing the galleries write your own in the "description" field. It is used for the posts title as i explained.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kaktusan Corp. Support Area Forum Index -> Gallery Scraper All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: