Links Organizer
Links Organizer
Special Offers
Special Offers
Cheapest Adult Scripts
Cheapest Adult Scripts

Haven't registered yet? Do it here now!
Security Issues?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kaktusan Corp. Support Area Forum Index -> Site Organizer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Muscle Hound

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:59 am    Post subject: Security Issues? Reply with quote
Hi everyone,
Wanted to ask if there are any security issues with SO? I had the free version of Smart Thumbs installed on my site but it was hacked into through my host and malicious .php files inserted into every folder causing all pages to be blanked and the hackers links put into the pages.

I'm wondering if this could happen with SO?
I certainly hope it is more secure. That would be the final blow if this new software is hacked.

Muscle Hound. Very Happy

kaktus
Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
hi there,
well SO isn't new at all, but it is already 3-4 years old Smile

as for now i haven't receive info about anyone being compromised through it.

I am doing lots of security things in the code and that really helps, however i can't promise it is unhackable, as noone can give you 100% guarantee for any pc software.

Muscle Hound

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Cool, it's become a real issue with some webmasters that utilize their script.. Having security patches in their latest version just released then my site hacked. Glad I found SO. It was faily simple to set up.

Future Improvements Suggestion: Add a few Example Templates to your Installation Instructions Information. I almost never figured out the Variables. LOFL...

Newbie to PHP

Muscle Hound
www.musclehound.com

Muscle Hound

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It finally happened. SO and LO hacked and malicious scripts inserted with links to other pages. Cannot login to SO or LO to fix anything.. Tried to reinstall over old DB will not allow it.

Guess I'll just destroy this site to.. Unless you guys can help me restore the site?

MuscleHound.com

kaktus
Owner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
hm, no security issues has been reported so far for my scripts. Do you know if they were hacked, or they got through elsewhere and touched everything on the hacked domain/server?

Well, sure i can help, but all depends on what you have. Do you have backups? If you don't have backups of the databases for both scripts, then it is best to do fresh new installs, coz the current hacked database can contain malicious stuff and it is not safe to proceede with it.

Let me know..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kaktusan Corp. Support Area Forum Index -> Site Organizer All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: