Blogs Automater
Blogs Automater
Rocket Pinger
Rocket Pinger
Links Organizer
Links Organizer

Haven't registered yet? Do it here now!
How to proceed...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kaktusan Corp. Support Area Forum Index -> Site Organizer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hondo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:02 pm    Post subject: How to proceed... Reply with quote
I got it installed, and like it says in another post it's a little intimidating but I know that it's going to be awesome when I get the hang of it.

I have a couple of questions about how to go further. I've created some galleries - now how do I get them to my template?

Also, I read in another post that you can somehow upload your own templates so that the script fits in with your design?

I don't work with HTML and CSS a whole lot. I can get around with HTML a little bit. I use a WYSIWYG editor to build sites, so that's why I have these kinds of questions.

kaktus
Owner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
hello there,
thanks for your interest in the script.

Well, you can upload/import your own templates if you have been using already the script and you are familiar with the templates system in it.
Tell me specifically, what you are having problems with in the templates, and I will be more than glad to help you out!

Thanks!

Hondo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi Kaktus,

Well, I've made a template (without any CSS Lines or anything like that - I'm not sure if it's necessary) and I've added a bunch of thumb galleries. I'm not sure how to get the galleries to the template. I've read the documentation a couple of times and I guess I'm just not getting how to link the galleries to the template.

I want to add the template to my homepage at www.realitysexemporium.com/home.php. I know how to get those two lines of code there, so that's not a problem (for now, anyway!)

Also, for example, on your site sexhopes.com, is that just one template on the main page, or is it a few? I see you have a section of galleries, and then a space where it says "Bookmark Now," and then more galleries and so on.

I'm not sure if I need just one template for my site or if I'll need more.

Am I supposed to put something in the "content" section of the template? If so, is it supposed to be a bunch of code?

kaktus
Owner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
hey there,
well for example if you want to display 10 galleries with descriptions, just put in your template in the SO admin a line like %%galleries,text,1-10,allniches%%
this variable is being replaced with 10 galleries listed one per row.

Do that as start to see the result and then you can put multiple such variables and etc.. just design your site, and where you want the content outputed, put the necessary SO variable..

Let me know if you need more help..

Thanks!

Hondo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I did that, but the galleries still don't end up in the template. It looks like I need to master code before I can use this script.

kaktus
Owner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
hm, nothing to master man, if you have galleries added to the database, and just place that variable in the template the stuff will show up. What you might did wrong is using incorrect variable. like if your galleries are thumb and you use variable for text ones.. If you wanna, pm me a url and pass to your SO admin and i can look around and make you a simple template, so you can get started.

Thanks!

Hondo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi Kaktus,

Did you get my PM? Any luck with that? Let me know if you didn't get it and I can resend it. Thanks

kaktus
Owner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
hi there, just got back from my week of vacation, sorry for any delays.
Gonna look into your PM now and will reply you there..

Thanks!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kaktusan Corp. Support Area Forum Index -> Site Organizer All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: