Special Offers
Special Offers
Gallery Scraper
Gallery Scraper
Links Organizer
Links Organizer

Haven't registered yet? Do it here now!
Testing Out- Some Problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kaktusan Corp. Support Area Forum Index -> Gallery Scraper
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BBBlog

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 5:46 am    Post subject: Testing Out- Some Problems Reply with quote
I'm currently having two problems with gallery scraper. Can you let me know if there's anything I can do to fix this?

1) It looks like my feeds aren't resizing images. I looked around the forum and saw some threads about trouble shooting this. I verified with my host my Image Magik path. I asked them about the "exec() functions in php" and if it was disabled. My host responded that becuase I'm on a shared plan this is disabled and they won't enable it for security reasons. So am I just out of luck? Or is there something else that could be a problem that I can fix? Could I resize these images once I've imported them into BA or would that cause problems?

2) When I import my feeds into BA they crawl the feed but there aren't any entires that get imported. Any ideas on this one?

Another thing I should ask. What are the limitations for the free trail version?

This seems like exactly what I need in combination with BA for my affiliates that don't have RSS items. Thanks for a cool script!

BBBlog

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just realized with BA I was having trouble adding a blog from the domain that I installed GS on. You checked that for me a few days ago and it seemed like domain1 was having trouble connecting to domain2 so maybe I should just install my GS on the same domain as BA just to check that. The other stuff I still need some suggestions on.

BBBlog

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry I'm working myself through this a bit. I've now successfully been able to get my GS feeds to show up in BA so that problem is solved. Now I just have the other concerns

kaktus
Owner

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
hi there, glad you managed some of your problems.

about the image resizing, php exec() is needed because script uses it to call the imagemagic program to resize the image. there is no other way to call it, just with with command line exec()..

BA uses same, so it won't work again if BO and GS are on same servers.

If you have BA on other server where resizing works fine, then move and GS there so all will be fine.

BBBlog

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks that sucks for my situation. I'll get in touch again with my host but I don't think they're going to be much help on this one after the first reply I got.

BBBlog

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kaktus this is the reply I got from my host is their suggestion to use something other than imagemagik something that I could do?

Heres reply:

Also please check the link to understand the dangers of enabling it - http://in.php.net/manual/en/function.exec.php

You have another option to work with this. Please login to the admin panel of Gallery Scraper software. Instead of using the imagemagic program, you may try other options like GD, netpbm, etc and check if its fine for you. Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Warning

When allowing user-supplied data to be passed to this function, use escapeshellarg() or escapeshellcmd() to ensure that users cannot trick the system into executing arbitrary commands.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for your co-operation, understanding and patience in this matter.

Thanks for any info you can give me.

kaktus
Owner

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
hi there, well GS uses ImageMagick because it is the best software for dealing with images. I don't bother with php GD and others, since quality is far way behind imagemagick.

well, all necessary security about exec() is taken in place in GS. calls to that function is made only inside admin panel and cronjob, ie no outside people can call it, so its safe.

BBBlog

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well since it's not my server I don't get to make the choice. Oh well I'll have to figure out something else. I appreciate all the time kaktus.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kaktusan Corp. Support Area Forum Index -> Gallery Scraper All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: