Rocket Pinger
Rocket Pinger
Blogs Automater
Blogs Automater
Cheapest Adult Scripts
Cheapest Adult Scripts

Haven't registered yet? Do it here now!
Category and Tag implementation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kaktusan Corp. Support Area Forum Index -> Gallery Scraper
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZipDriver

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:51 am    Post subject: Category and Tag implementation Reply with quote
Hello Kaktus,

I have a one suggestion for new functionality with future versions of GS and BA scripts.

At present time the important functionality during the posting to blogs has correct setup blog "variables" such as TAG and CATEGORY. The current version of your great scripts unfortunately do not support above.

Will be great implement TAG and CATEGORY for more productive blogging.

Try to explain in more details.

1/ During import galleries we need setup two additional fields - BLOG TAG and BLOG CATEGORY (this is a not the same category that you have currently). This a fields that blog engine like WordPress and others understand as blog tag and blog categories and put post into corresponded tag and category in blog. Multiple assignments must be allowed.

2/ The BA script must have the same functionality and read above items from xml feeds and allow setup tag/category manually.

Also batch processing needed for assign the tag/categories in both scripts.

Currently after post item to blog I need setup manually blog tags/categories. This is a not good automation Smile

If you do not understand my idea clear please let me know and I will try explaining in more details.

Regards,
ZipDriver.

kaktus
Owner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
hi there, yeah i understand you completely and i will be making this in the near future.

you want to be able in GS assign for each gallery categories, that are actual blog categories, so when BA reads feed it autoextracts those cats from the feed and directly posts to the post to the blog in those posts. No need for you to select in BA in which categories the feeds posts will go. Right?

I was thinking of making that long before in BA, just was afraid that things can get mixed up if you read a feed that lets say have some categories, but those categories are not setup at your blog..

ZipDriver

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
[quote="kaktus"] just was afraid that things can get mixed up if you read a feed that lets say have some categories, but those categories are not setup at your blog..[/quote]

Other script usually create the new category in blog if found in feed not assigned category. In my view this is reasonable solution

kaktus
Owner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
yeah, after a research i found that rest scripts are doing that, so probably and i will make it same way..just it doesn't sound reasonable to me from the start, since you might not want to have some categories for example at your blog..

ZipDriver

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
[quote="kaktus"]yeah, after a research i found that rest scripts are doing that, so probably and i will make it same way..just it doesn't sound reasonable to me from the start, since you might not want to have some categories for example at your blog..[/quote]

You do not need add to blog all categories assigned in script. Only assigned in feed categories must be created in blog. In other words if you have 10 categories in script and only one added to feed this is one category will be created in blog.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kaktusan Corp. Support Area Forum Index -> Gallery Scraper All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: