Blogs Automater
Blogs Automater
Gallery Scraper
Gallery Scraper
Links Organizer
Links Organizer

Haven't registered yet? Do it here now!
PHP does not support Register Globals

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kaktusan Corp. Support Area Forum Index -> Site Organizer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
atomicromance

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: PHP does not support Register Globals Reply with quote
I've moved my site to a new host, and I got this message about the Register Globals. And I asked my host to turn my Register Globals On.

I still got this message, then a few hours later, for some reason the message wasn't there when I tried to install it, and I was able to re-install Site Organizer.

But SO didn't look the same as when I installed it before on my last host. The thumbnailer feature was different, and didn't work as well. (???) And I liked it the way I had it before, so I removed SO from my server, and tried to reinstall it, but now I'm getting this PHP does not support Register Globals! message again, even though I know my Register Globals are ON.

Are there any more settings I need to know about??? Or anything else that might be causing this problem?

Here is a look at my php.ini file: REMOVED

kaktus
Owner

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
hi there,
well you might see the SO admin look different, because you probably have been on older version of the script at your old host, and now you installed the new version.

Yeah, i see your register_globals are really on, and not sure why it can be saying they are off... Anyways that appears only in the install file, right?
You may ignore it and continue installing and working, since the newest version of the script, that setting is no longer needed. I have just left the install file to still check for it, for any case to be sure all will be working fine. All works fine, and from next version i will remove the check and from the install file.

I have edited your post and removed the link to your php configuration, since its not wise to post such things on public places. Whenever you want to post something like that, that might reveal server info, details and etc.. do a PM to me..

Let me know if i can be more in assistance...

atomicromance

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Got it working again... Reply with quote
It looks like I didn't delete everything from the previous install, and those little remnants were giving me problems with a new install. And now I know.

But the thumbnailer is still screwy. I did install the 2.5 version, and even installed the 2.5 update just to be sure, but under the "Thumbnailer" option, the only dropdown menu now is for the "Configure" option.

The Cropper & Rethumbnail features are both gone.

It's like i'm running the old program, but it says 2.5 right at the top of my screen. Weird.

kaktus
Owner

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I see...

Well, you are on the right track! Since v2.5 the only thing you should see in "Thumbnailer" is "Configure". The thumbnailing itself, has been moved to "Thumbnail Galleries->Thumbnail & Add"

atomicromance

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok, i understand.

But my cropper, re-thumnailer, and all the thummnail editing features aren't working.

Should I try to upload just those files again???

kaktus
Owner

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
well, check first if you server has CURL php library. Check also in "Thumbnailer-=>configure" if its configured properly and best set it to use Image Magic, and make sure you have the image magick installed and supplied the correct full path to its "convert" program, like /usr/bin/convert..

If problems again after that, pm me url and pass to your SO admin..

atomicromance

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
hi kaktus,

i just purchased the full version, with support.

once I recieve the confirmation email from you, i'll go ahead & give you my site info so you can help me out, and we can get this done.

like I mentioned before, what i've seen of this script has impressed me, and you're help has been appreciated. Very Happy There's just a few things with my server & this software that need to be tweaked to get this thing working!

kaktus
Owner

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey there, thanks for purchasing! I got your order and you should have received already a confirmation email.

PM or email me the details of your SO and server and i will see whats wrong..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kaktusan Corp. Support Area Forum Index -> Site Organizer All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: